A Young Carer is a child under 18 who regularly helps to look after a family member or friend who is disabled, ill, or abuses drugs or alcohol. Children may engage in:-
- Practical tasks (cooking, housework and shopping)
- Physical care (lifting or helping someone use the stairs)
- Personal care (dressing, washing, helping with toilet needs)
- Managing the family budget, collecting benefits and prescriptions
- Managing medication
- Looking after young siblings
- Helping someone communicate
Roydon Primary School can support young carers
If you, or a family member, needs support please contact Mrs Myatt at email@example.com All contact will be treated in strictest confidence.
The school has an effective referral system and strong partnership in place with relevant external agencies, including referral to Young Carer agencies providing key workers who will work with young carers and families.