BMAT OPPOSES ALL FORMS OF RACISM, HOMOPHOBIA, PREJUDICE AND DISCRIMINATION
The Equality Act 2010 replaced all existing equality legislation such as the Race Relations Act, Disability Discrimination Act and Sex Discrimination Act.
We are committed to the promotion of community cohesion at Academy Trust, local, national and global levels, comparing our Academy Trust community to its local and national context and implementing all necessary actions in relation to:
- religion or belief, and
- socio-economic background
In accordance with the values of BMAT we pledge:
- to respect the equal human rights of all our pupils;
- to educate them about equality; and
- to respect the equal rights of our staff and other members of the Academy Trust community.
We will assess and analyse our current Academy Trust practices and implement all necessary resulting actions to ensure pupils are not discriminated against because of their:
- Age (in relation to staff only);
- Sexual orientation;
- Religion, faith/belief;
- Gender re-assignment;
- Pregnancy or maternity;
- Marriage and civil partnership (in relation to staff only)
These ‘Protected characteristics’ have been set out in law in the Equality Act 2010.
BMAT is committed to eliminating practices, which could result in unfair or less favourable treatment for persons with a protected characteristic.